Advice on social media content development from Brainrider’s CMO
The wonderful folks at Autoshare hosted an event called #Social4Social in Toronto on May 12, 2011. There was an audience of 50+ social media marketers from a variety of not-for-profit, B2B, and B2C organizations. Nolin LeChasseur of Brainrider delivered this presentation on Building a customer-centric content development plan.
Creating engaging content for your customers is no easy task. To learn how Brainrider can develop content that will help you reach your goals, request a proposal now.
Slide 1: Most social media content is too self-centered to engage anyone.
A.K.A. Building a Customer-centric Content Development Plan
Slide 2: Because it’s not about you. [image]
Slide 3: Customers. They’re trying to solve problems. [image]
Slide 4: There is a useful content Deficit.
- Demand > Supply
- Expectation of Findability
- Expectation of Relevance
- Expectation of Value
Slide 5: How to engage your audience.
- Make it about them, not about you.
- Start with light, easy content.
- Measure which categories engage.
- THEN invest in heavy content.
Slide 6: 1. Make it about them.
- Who is your target audience?
- What are their needs & pains?
- Which needs & pains can you help with?
- Group into 4-6 categories
Slide 7: Example of a content framework. [image]
Slide 8: 2. Start with light, easy content.
- Repurpose existing content assets
- Curate and share 3rd party content
Slide 9: Repurpose existing content. [table]
Slide 10: Curate 3rd party content. [images]
- Deploy via social channels
- Extract & Track
- Monitor & Cull
Slide 11: 3. Measure content engagement. [graph]
Slide 12: 4. Move from light to heavy. [table]
Slide 13: The engaging content checklist.
- Easy to find
- About them, not you
- Helps them solve a problem
- Light content informs heavy