Learn How to Plan a Better Marketing Budget and Strategy
This B2B marketing budget planning tool uses Forrester top performer B2B budget allocation benchmarks, presented by the terrific Lori Wizdo at Elevate2012, as a starting point for building marketing and marketing programs budgets and then lets you adjust your spending based on your priorities.
Please complete the form on the right, and we’ll email a working copy of our B2B marketing budget planning tool. If you’d like help going through it or creating a marketing budget, we’d love to help. Let’s Talk.
Which Key Marketing Budget Statistics are Common Amongst Businesses?
Key planning statistics from Lori’s top performer benchmarks include:
- B2B marketing budgets as a percentage of total gross revenues remain steady at 2% (see MarketingSherpa data below)
- 20% of marketing budgets are allocated to marketing operations
- 32% of marketing program budgets are allocated to awareness, lead generation and nurturing
- More than 30% of tactical budgets are spent on digital channels
- Marketing budget percentage benchmarks
Benchmarks As Percentages
Lori’s data should be balanced by MarketingSherpa benchmarks showing higher percentages of total revenue numbers especially for smaller B2B companies. Ranging from 11% for B2B companies with fewer than 100 employees to 6% for firms with more than 1000 employees.
We would love your feedback on how to improve this B2B marketing budget planning tool, so please contact us if you have any questions or comments.
Are you interested in improving your pipeline marketing? Request a proposal and let Brainrider optimize your your sales-ready lead qualification process.