Preparing for a Pardot implementation and managing your first 60 days is an important part of getting the most out of your investment in marketing automation. Based on our experience over the past 5 years as a Pardot implementation partner, this presentation shares best practice, tips, and pitfalls designed to help you plan for a successful Pardot implementation.
If you planning a Pardot Implementation please sign up for Pardot Implementation support
Preparing for a Pardot implementation Presentation Transcript
1. Preparing for a Pardot Implementation and Your First 90 Days
2. Implementing Pardot.
50% more sales-ready leads a 33% lower cost per lead
Companies that excel at nurturing deliver 10% more revenue
3. What You Will Learn Today
- Why Pardot as your marketing automation solution
- Building a successful implementation plan
- Pardot Implementation
- Marketing Program Setup
- Implementation pitfalls
- Pardot Implementation Resources
4. Marketing Automation Benchmarks
5. Choosing A Marketing Automation System
6. Why Pardot?
7. Successful Implementation Plan
8. What you need to do
- Selection the marketing automation system
- Set measureable objectives
- Establish benchmarks
- Pardot Implementation
- Markting campaigns
9. Marketing Objectives
10. Measureable Objectives & Benchmarks
11. Getting ready for implementation Preparation
- Measuring and evaluating your marketing success?
- Current marketing tactics?
- Email role in your marketing?
- Lead nurturing?
- Marketing-to-sales lead handoff?
- B2B lead prioritization?
- Database size? Managing landing pages and forms?
12. Who should you included
- Marketing Team: Including marketing priorities and objectives, brand guidelines, providing existing campaign asset, reporting
- Webmaster: Including website tracking code, Pardot forms iframecode
- IT Admin: Vanity domain record, email authentication including SPF, Domain Keys, DKIM, and SenderID
- Sales Leadership: Including training, email plug-in, lead assignment processes
14. First 30 Days: Pardot Implementation Checklist Project Management
- Project kickoff and team alignment
- Step by step 30 day plan Marketing Setup
- Database Import
- Site Search Integration Setup
- Add-Ons & Connectors Setup
- Dedicated Email IP Setup
- Email Template Setup
- Form / Form Handler Setup
- Landing Page Setup 14 Salesforce CRM Integration
- Install the Pardot Connector Package/Bundle
- Mapping Lead Fields to Contact Fields2
- Mapping CRM Custom Fields to Pardot Custom Fields Technical Setup
- Implement Website Tracking Code to Log Visitor Activity
- Create Vanity Tracker Domain (CNAME) for Branded Pardot Hosted Links
- Implement Email Authentication for Email Deliverability Optimization
- Grant Permission to Use Your Custom Fonts on Pardot Assets
15. Using Pardot for Better Marketing
16. Next 60 Days: Start With Your Priorities
17 Choosing LeadGen Tactics: Example Pick List
- Customer focused navigation
- Website optimization
- Search Engine Optimization
- Paid advertising
- Gated content
- Calls to action
- Content marketing
- Landing pages/forms
- Social media
- Social publishing
- Social listening
17. What To Avoid
18. Implementation pitfalls and risks to avoid
- Relying on “Batch and Blast” marketing instead of buyer- centric marketing
- Too much focus on technology selection
- Not investing in enough support
- Not enough focus on how to use marketing automation for better results
- Falling into the complexity trap: forgetting to start simple, execute, and learn
- Not setting measureable objectives that you can report against